Women’s Health Physiotherapy
Women’s Health Physiotherapy can range from musculoskeletal to pre/post pregnancy to pelvic floor dysfunction and continence issues.
During pregnancy a wide variety of physiological and physical changes occur in female’s body. Including, postural and biomechanical changes to accommodate the growing uterus, stretching of the abdominal wall leading to muscle weakness and increased tightening of the back muscles & hip muscles.
Due to this, some females experience different aches and pain, movement loss, or pelvic floor dysfunction during pregnancy which can be successfully prevented and resolved with physiotherapy.
However, a women’s body is still going through changes for up until 12 weeks post birth, longer for those breastfeeding. Various hormonal changes occur as the body starts moving from pregnancy hormone levels to re-balance. Postpartum, these changes may spontaneously resolve or persist for few weeks to months.
Speak to one of our Women’s Health Physiotherapist who can assist you to reduce your pain, improve function so you are in better position to focus on caring for yourself and your newborn.
Antenatal Pregnancy and Postnatal Women’s Health conditions
- Lower back pain
- Sacro-iliac joint pain
- Pelvic girdle pain
- Pubic symphysis pain
- Tailbone (coccyx) pain
- Abdominal muscle separation (Rectus Diastasis)
- Advice and fitting for Maternity belts and compression garments
- Exercise & posture care advice during pregnancy and postnatal.
Pelvic Floor Dysfunction & Continence Issues
- Urinary Incontinence (Bladder leakage)
- Urgency and Urge incontinence (rushing to the toilet)
- Pelvic floor pain
- Prolapse -education, assessment and management.
- Pelvic pain
- Postnatal pelvic floor checks
- Pelvic floor muscle training.
Services we offer